BvS Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat

ShoutMix chat widget
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Vacationers

2 posters

Go down

The Vacationers Empty The Vacationers

Post by billdoors Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:45 am

Its summer, most of us get to do summer things like travel or stay up all night playing vintage NES games. What are some of the things you guys have done with your summer, or will do?

I mentioned in the village messages that I would be leaving for Maui about a week from now, it will be my second time there and my third time to the Hawaiian islands. Beautiful place. Before I had ever been there I didn't really have a desire to ever see Hawaii - I figured, cynically (and inaccurately) that the experience was hyped out of proportion. It really isn't, in my experience. While it is hot, its not a dry, stifling heat, and it rains fairly frequently (compared to the climate in my native southern California, at least). Depending on the local agricultural enterprises, the air is saturated with the scents of coffee, tropical fruit, and volcanic soil; the water is delightfully cool and crystal clear, perfect for snorkeling, diving, or otherwise frolicking in the surf; and of course, the island cuisine Very Happy is awesome. I'm stoked to be going again, it might be the last time in a while given how bad the economy is and my lack of gainful employment.

After that, when I return to the mainland I'm spending a weekend up at Lake Big Bear doing nothing but fishing. I've never caught anything, maybe this time Smile

So that's what my vacation is revolving around. What are you guys doing? Or what have you done in summer's past that you remember fondly?
billdoors
billdoors

https://facebook.com/billdoors

Back to top Go down

The Vacationers Empty Re: The Vacationers

Post by YoukouRikan Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:51 am

Sadly, I am still in school (college). And when not in school, working to pay for it. But I remember one summer, I went on a trip to Alaska. Beautiful state, lots of history, and not cold in summer. I discovered then just how many wolf-ish suveniers one can find.

YoukouRikan

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:33 am

"Wolf-ish souvenirs"? Surprised
billdoors
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by YoukouRikan Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:58 am

If it has a wolf, i call it wolf-ish Smile

YoukouRikan

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:49 pm

heh... guess I can't argue with that logic. On a personal note, I'm back from vacation. School starts for me after next weekend though Crying or Very sad
billdoors
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum