BvS Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat

ShoutMix chat widget
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pizza Witch

3 posters

Go down

Pizza Witch Empty Pizza Witch

Post by Dudest Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Has anyone gotten past Dogfight yet? I'm looking for tips on whether I need to upgrade my vehicle and what cards you I should use, since I thought it would be cake but failed twice.

I'm also happy to answer any questions people have about PW in this thread if they aren't that far yet.

Dudest

Back to top Go down

Pizza Witch Empty Re: Pizza Witch

Post by Lear Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:05 pm

A quick Pizzawitch guide for as far as I've gotten. I don't know if you'll find this useful at all, Dudest, but hopefully someone will.

First off, to open PW you need the Nightmare Frame, Cici, Lulu, and Su-chan. At that point, a mission opens up which contains a moderate dou check and a short rolling mission. Nothing too bad yet. You can now start running PW missions, and if you haven't noticed, your greass tolerance should be up to 6 now, which is a nice boost.

Now the first thing you'll probably notice once you start PW missions is that you have triple stat checks. And they're not easy. Well, most aren't anyway. (I'm currently working on a guide for lower season/weaker players to get at least to rides, but that'll come later.) Anyway, at this point, you just have to pretty much barrel through those stat checks without much to help you. Your first goal here is lulu level 2 and suchan level 2. These happen at "Be in an Advertisement" and "Tell Everyone About PizzaWitch," respectively.

Once you have Lulu 2 and Suchan 2, you should feel pretty comfortable about the dou checks. If you're not, then you either need to grind more dou, get more appetite to eat food, or get better food. (In general Burgers > Fries > Nuggets, although some fries are also good with burgers. I wouldn't really bother with nuggets. Though I reccomend checking a mission success calculator to be sure.)

At this point, you're now looking for 4 specific items. I won't list them or their missions because a.) the wiki has them and b.) you should just be running missions anyway; don't smokebomb out of stuff yet. Save them for later. They all have relatively good drop rates, so if you don't get them your first try, you'll probably have them on the second try.

After that, your goal is just to run 50 PizzaWitch missions. After 50 missions, a new quest opens up, Behind the Wheel. This mission requires: the four items I mentioned above, both ally levelups, a *ROOT PASSWORD*, and 100 awesome (need not be 'available' awesome, you can spend it). None of these checks should pose an issue if you've been doing things right. Anyway, this unlocks rides now, which are fun.

Spend a few minutes getting yourself aquainted with the PizzaWitch Ride menu (from the village page), and then take your first ride. It'll explain everything you need to know for now, give you a few tips, plus Karen (a new quest will unlock to level Karen as well, but she'll level back down at dayroll) and get you set to go. Your next goal is DogFight, which I know gives some people some trouble. That's okay. Just get the best equipment (+2 drive/drift) and D-abilities you can (generally +3 drive/drift), level up your drive/drift at least once (twice won't do anything for now) and maybe upgrade your items if you can, and go for it. You shouldn't have to worry much about deliciousness (there is no bonus for finishing with a high deliciousness in this one), but watch your drivetrain (make sure you have enough to use all your d-abilities). You'll probably lose the first try. That's okay. It requires 5000 tips, but doesn't consume them, so don't worry about failing.

Beating dogfight unlocks normal rides a new qest, Grind. You're going to hate this quest, I guarantee it. It starts with an easy dou/tai check, and then the second check is that you have 200+ awesome, which shouldn't be an issue for most players, but then it gets annoying. The third check requires that you have 20 sharpening stones, and 40 metal scraps. Well, time to go to Wasteland and farm. Wasteland missions are best for sharpening stones, while outskirts are best for metal scraps (in fact, there are no drops for metal scraps in Wasteland missions). Keep in mind, you're not looking for the specific items, but for the gems and tangled metal which you turn into what you need.

After this, there's a fourth step, and I can't remember what it is, but it's not a significant hurdle. You should be able to pass it without problem. Congrats, you now have Cici 2 (who, for as far as I've gotten, is mostly useless), plus a new permanent item, Grind Core, which gives -1 successes (Yes, negative). You also unlock new 4-stat PW missions that make the 30d35 tai checks from before look like childs play. Have fun.

From here you want to aim for hard rides and some new allies. I have not yet unlocked hard rides, but I know that it ends with a destruction check, and nets you the white witch trophy for beating, as well as nana. Nana's drops allow you to make delicious pizzas, which can be used with Lulu's jutsu to gain +6 to all strength (at a significant stamina penalty, but meh), which is a godsend, so getting her is a bit of a priority.

At the same time, you can start working on the second tier PW missions. There are at least two goodies to be had here, perhaps more. The first is Blondie. I can't remember the exact name, but her mission is something along the lines of "Pizza Party," and it's one of the few not-insane missions in tier 2 PW. It may take a few tries to get her as she seems a bit rarer than the other PW drops, but it shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 times or so.

The other goody is Robogirl level 3. I don't have her at the moment, though I hope to get her later today. She supposedly levels up on the "Robotic Frat Boys" mission, or something like that. This mission is HARD, and I mean HARD HARD. Flying Thunder God it. Possibly in conjunction with the Power of Greass. (EDUT: Ignore that last sentence. Power of Greass doesn't work with ally levelups. Save your stamina.)

That's as far as I've gotten thus far. I'll update as I get farther.

Last edited by Lear on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Lear

Back to top Go down

Post by Dudest Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks Lear, that was helpful. I do have a few follow-up questions...

-For Dogfight I had the same idea of using a +2 Drive and a +2 Drift piece of equipment, but I discovered that I'd lose 50 Durability for each, taking me to 0 so I'd automatically lose the run. And using only one, having only 50 Durability made it very risky. Did you have something to boost Durability, or did you only use one item, or are there Drive/Drift boosters I don't know about that don't subtract from Durability so badly?

-I used +2 Drive/Drift D-abilities but didn't see the +3 ones, are they just rarer?

-Can you tell me any more about the Grind Core? I saw it was used for a recipe, is it also used for a mission? If I use it for the recipe one season, will I be stuck with it the next or is there another way to get rid of it?

Dudest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lear Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:19 pm

I took one of the equipments, the drive one, I think, though it really doesn't matter which, and then used my 4 d-abilities for the other. (Actually, I might have split it 3-1, now that I think of it.)

Basicaly, assuming you've leveled your drive and drift, that gives you a base of 5 in one stat, and a base of 3 in the other, which you can then boost to 5 (or 6) when you need to. 5 is *generally* enough to pass whatever check they'll throw at you, assuming you're at the right speed.

And yes, 50 durability makes it a bit risky, but (and I don't have math to back this up, just intuition) I'm pretty sure the extra 2 levels offsets the downside to having half durability.

The +3 D-abilities are Hammer Down and Slide Drift. They're both rare and have a 100% burn chance, so they're a bit of a luxury when you have them. Also they cost 50 drivtrain, so you need to be careful not to reduce that to 0. (I've done that once before.)

I actually had to look up what you said about the grind core; I hadn't heard that, but yes, it's apparently used to upgrade to the 5th level keychain. I haven't gotten anywhere near there yet, though. I just have the 2nd level keychain and probably won't get to the 3rd for a little while yet.

I have no knowledge of it being used for a mission, nor do I know what you do with it in later seasons. Maybe you just don't get it again after making the keychain? I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.

Btw, if you don't know yet, be warned: lvl 4 and up items start requiring permanent items to upgrade. Starting with runic and halloween and working their way up to lost weapons and hyper runes.

-----

Also, because I forgot before: Beating dogfight nets you Mr. Orange as well, which is a summon, and a rather good one too, +150% ryo. (At least I think it's dogfight that gets you Mr. Orange. Either that or the Grind quest.) Combined with Sandman 2, it could potentially make ryo farming > emo farming again. (Haven't done math on it yet, don't quote me on that.)

Lear

Back to top Go down

Post by Dudest Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks for the follow-up. Your idea of using a piece of equipment for one stat and D-abilities for the other makes a lot of sense. I also got Driving Music today, I'm looping to S10 but when I unlock PW rides again that should help a lot. I'm hoping to pick up some upgrades along the way as well.
Those level 5 upgrade costs look pretty frightening as someone who hasn't finished R00t yet. I'm a little frightened about when the level 6 upgrades will cost given that we know one uses a SNE. It looks like something crazy hard to do for if you've completed everything else.
I believe Mr. Orange is from Dogfight because the opening message mentioned an orange guy joining me.

Edit: I'm wondering if the recipe is the normal way to get rid of the Grind Core, and if so, should one wait until the second time through so as not to have a penalty on the hard run.

Dudest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lear Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:52 am

After reading a few forum posts (BvS forum), it seems as though the Digital Keychain, the one that consumes Grind Core is also required to advance in PW, regardless of whether you're taking the "easy" or the hard path. For reference, this is what you'll need to get it:

Lvl. 1 => Lvl. 2 - Kunai x 100, Metal Scraps x 20

Lvl. 2 => Lvl. 3 - Shiny Shiny x 50, Poison Needles x 20, Copper Coin x 10, Ruby Ryo Coin x 3

Lvl. 3 => Lvl. 4 - Dark Draft x 5, Hot Picture of Robogirl x 50, Silver Coin x 10, Sapphire Ryo Coin x 4

Lvl. 4 => Lvl. 5 - Essence of Lightning x 20, Soundless Jade, Gold Coin x 10, Grind Core

Also, I failed at getting Robogirl 3 today. (Passed the mission, no levelup.) Will try again tomorrow (ie. in 25 minutes) once I'm done with phase fighting. (I plan to take down 3 phases tomorrow, but we'll see how that goes.) HAET ROBO MONKEYS, but oh well, got 2 anyway.

EDUT: Once again, no Robo 3 levelup, BUT I got the Ninja Wagon, and it's awesome. Base 300 durability and a max stat of 4 basically ensures that you'll never fail another normal ride. Saving up for the Magic Bus now.

Lear

Back to top Go down

Post by naito Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:57 pm

Unlocking hard is fairly easy if you have the right set up. You will need to use the Ninja Wagon. I used Slick Wheels and Ninja Hamsters as the equip cards; I also used Pizzawitch because it is free. The ability cards need to include at least one Drive to Survive that you get from the style section, we will get the reason later. The other cards need to focus on drive and drift, for this purpose use Braking Drift. During the ride, the first couple of challenges you will see will be both drift and drive. One will require high success and low difficulty and the other will require the opposite. Keep you speed around 3 and when you see a 2 or slower challenge coming make sure you are at 2 when you hit it. It is a 10-1 challenge (I believe it is drift, but I am not sure). There also could be a speed 4 challenge or two in there; it is not that I cannot remember it is random. The last challenge is destruction; it is 4-3 and is an auto kill challenge. You will want to use Drive to Survive now and hope you succeed. The destruction challenge is why you need to use a Ninja Wagon and why you need to upgrade your destruction to 4.

naito

Back to top Go down

Post by Lear Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:07 pm

I did pretty much the same thing naito did with two exceptions: I used a +50 drivetrain card instead of PizzaWitch, and I didn't use Drive to Survive (don't even have the card).

But yeah, unlocking hard rides isn't hard at all. Just NinjaWagon + 2drift/drive equips and you're pretty much set. I don't know what Drive to Survive does, but you've got almost a 2/3 shot at the final check without any help (assuming you're level 4 in destruction), so it's not that bad.

Anyway, Forever Young unlocks: Hard Rides, White Witch trophy, White Witch passenger card, and Nana.

----

Okay, finally got Robogirl 3. She gives +2 Nin Strength on Reaper, +3 Dou Levels, +3 Dou Range. Probably the best PW ally so far. (Possible exception: Su-chan 2).

Getting Robogirl 3, Nana, and Blondie unlocks a new mission now called "Knock Knock"

Mini-spoiler 'cause it's awesome (and McM has already spoiled it anyway).
You pull up to a big mansion, and this pink-haired girl flounces out, smiling. "Oh, hooray! a pizza! I love pizza!" Lulu nudges you, smiling.
"Tell it with me!" He turns to her.

"Knock Knock."
"Umm.. who's there?"
"Lettuce!"
"Tee hee! Lettuce who?"
"Lettuce..Lettuce.." Oh great. How did it go?
Hmm. Time to make something up!

"Lettuce SHOOT EVERYONE IN THE FACE."

Anyway, first requirement is that you have at least ONE remaining Power of Greass use this Season. (If you don't, there's a new item in the shop that gives you +1 power of greass use, so you're not out of luck.) Then there's a VERY easy check. 10/10 dou+tai. Can't be a problem if you've made it this far. Third requires 100 cans of sauce. And so I'm farming sauce right now. D:

EDUT: I'm about 95% sure this quest gets you Euthanasia, btw.

Also, I'm fairly certain I'm getting close to the point where I'm going to have to stop and finish r00t. It really shouldn't take me all that long now that we have the new bit shop items, but assuming I stop before the 11tails, it'll be at least a week 5 days to get the last 3 phases that I need for Stalker3. Not sure if I'm going to go for the last two after that then or wait 'til later.

EDUT 2: Also, Hard Rides unlocks a new card set, it seems. Midnight Run set. Costs 9k tips each. 99k for a box of 11. Don't know how good they are yet. Haven't purchased any. I'm planning to save up for EvilTaxi, though my curiousity will almost certainly cause me to buy a pack or two... or eleven.

Lear

Back to top Go down

Post by naito Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Drive to Survive is an ability card that make it so failing an auto kill challenge does not kill you. Midnight run packs are fairly nice. They have passenger as super rares. The passenger give big bonuses. This is all from the beta test, but abilities have stayed constant. Cici for example gives a 100 delioucness. There are also other super rares like Super Turbo Timer(or something like that) which gives +3 d-speed, this will be needed to unlock hard difficulty.

naito

Back to top Go down

Post by Lear Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:07 am

I see. Nice to know for the future.

So I got the Magic Bus. Haven't purschased any Midnight Run cards yet, though. Will do that tomorrow when I have the tips.

As a side note: What's the burn chance of the passenger cards, if you happen to know? I imagine they must be quite high, if not 100%, as Cici could effectively gaurantee a ryo coin drop every time. Not to mention the tips that could be generated with that. 25k in a single ride would very possible, if not easy.

Either way, it'll take a few days before I get anywhere new. 100 cans of sauce will take a few days to grind (mostly because I'm splitting my time between that and other things), and even after that I still need to get to the Digital Keychain, which will take 3 to 4 days at least, I'd say, to get everything minus the LW. Then another 5 for the LW (3 days grind ryo, 1 day hack, 1 day normal kill phase + drain phase).

Lear

Back to top Go down

Post by naito Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:10 pm

From looking at the White Witch passenger card it would appear that passengers are permanent.

naito

Back to top Go down

Post by Lear Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Yes, but the White Witch is also part of the Special Collection, and all special collection cards have a burn chance of 0.

Also, while +1 to all abilities is very nice, +100 deliciousness is MUCH better. I mean, I can reliably pass Normal missions with 100+ deliciousness right now, and I can come close on Hard, which means that, with another 100, I'd be auto-getting ryo coins most of the time, so I feel like there would be balance issues if you could spam Cici every ride.

I could be wrong, however. Certainly wouldn't be a first.

Lear

Back to top Go down

Post by Dudest Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:06 pm

The wiki shows a 0% burn chance for all passengers, but only lists +50 Deliciousness (and it's Lulu). Of course the wiki isn't always accurate, but that's something to go off of.

Dudest

Back to top Go down

Post by naito Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:32 pm

The Wiki is most likely correct. The information was all added by Vuzrak and I highly doubt he would lie. It is just something that changed from the beta testing.

naito

Back to top Go down

Post by Lear Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:06 am

Wiki is correct. All passengers are 0% burn chance (in fact, they don't even list a burn chance).

And Lulu does in fact give +50 deliciousness.

Starting hard deliveries with 166 delish = <3

Lear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum