BvS Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat

ShoutMix chat widget
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Anime and you...

+7
Drakonis79
naito
Tsuruya
YoukouRikan
Kaotic
billdoors
Pinkuri
11 posters

Go down

Anime and you... Empty Anime and you...

Post by Pinkuri Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:09 am

What kind of anime do you watch?

I'm currently watching Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009), Valkyria Chronicles, and Bakemonogatari.

But the genre I tend to watch the most is Slice of Life...
Pinkuri
Pinkuri

Back to top Go down

Anime and you... Empty Re: Anime and you...

Post by billdoors Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:16 am

The only thing I'm actively watching right now (that is, as soon as subs are available) is Zetsubou-sensei. I was very excited for the new season of Haruhi but... whatever they're doing with Endless Eight... I'm a pretty big fan of the series, but I'm not a big enough fan of anything to put myself through six time recursions. I guess the point is to make you feel as frustrated as Yuki - mission accomplished, but that's 6-8 episodes of the 14-episode order they've used up on what constituted only a short-story in the novels. I guess the other point is
Spoiler:
but its something that could have been executed effectively like it was in the light novels - tell, don't show. Please.
billdoors
billdoors

https://facebook.com/billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaotic Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:08 pm

WHATT!!! I did not know they were going to make another haruhi anime is it a remake or a new season ??

i am so out of touch with the current anime's any suggestions on good ones i want to catch up.
Kaotic
Kaotic

Back to top Go down

Post by YoukouRikan Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:09 pm

Personally, just finished Trigun. I have Tactics, Shakugen no Shana, Tokko, Witch Hunter Robin, and two discs to Gurren Lagan. My main anime fix right now is coming from Ani-Mondays on SciFi (sorry, SyFy). Favorite anime movie ever: R.O.D. Very Happy

YoukouRikan

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:24 pm

Yeah, its... not exactly a new season. More like an expanded Season 1, with new episodes arranged and inserted into the order chronologically. They're half-way through their order of new episodes already - a lot of people are unhappy about that for reasons that will become (painfully?) obvious when you start watching the new episodes. There's some good stuff in there, don't get me wrong.

Trigun... watched that when I was a sophomore in high school. Makes me feel nostalgic...
billdoors
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuruya Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:42 pm

I'm currently watching season 2 of The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and I am finishing off Excel Saga and PaniPoni Dash
Tsuruya
Tsuruya

Back to top Go down

Post by naito Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:30 pm

I do not watch as much anime as I used to. The only thing I watch now is Spice and Wolf. My favorite anime of all time is Mnemosyne it is a mini series and is mature.

naito

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakonis79 Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:11 am

I'm currently watching Gundam 00's second season, and about to finish Outlaw Star. But aside from those and the big three, not much else for me right now.
Drakonis79
Drakonis79

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaotic Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:45 pm

outlaw star is a great anime, watched a long time ago Smile
Kaotic
Kaotic

Back to top Go down

Post by kylobob Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:49 pm

ah outlaw star. i remember that so fondly. how odd, i can't seem to recall any of the ones i've watched off of otakucenter.com, which is like a forum that just embeds youtube/veoh or other places where people have uploaded anime series into an easy to view format. I think I did watch some of the devil may cry episodes from there but, that was more like a mini-series loosely based of the games.

wah, seriously i can't remember any of them. Yikes ><
kylobob
kylobob

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:00 am

It took a little longer than usual, but I've finally got Zetsubou-sensei's new theme song stuck in my head... Ringo! Mogire! Beam! Smile
billdoors
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilGaara Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:55 pm

currently watching just bleach, zero no tsukaima and zetsubou(rumba rumba rumba rumba rumba! XD), used to watch onepiece but the anime become too boring during thriller bark arc. Just finished cromartie high school, found it thanks to the bvs video challenge and loved it xD one of best anime ever together with mahoujin guru guru and gurren lagann. history stongest disciple kenichi is funny too but the manga is much better. For the movie i love everything from studio ghibli,all they works are like living dreams
EvilGaara
EvilGaara

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:02 am

I've started to watch Bakemonogatari - awesome show. Little bit fanservice-y, but you come to expect that from Studio Shaft. It really is a remarkable series in its own right. The ending theme is a real ear-worm too.
billdoors
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Rusu Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:48 am

Dunno, havent watched much in the last few years, watching the new revival of full metal alchemist, its a lot better now. Also looking foward to haruhi, havent started watcing it yet, but if the books are anything to go by, we should get another 2/3 seasons out of it.. the author is releasing a new book soon, cant wait ^^
Lucy Rusu
Lucy Rusu

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:44 am

"Soon" is a pretty subjective word. Last update about this book that I'm aware of came two years ago, when the publisher gave a notice of adjourned sale. The original deadline came and went and there doesn't seem to be any sign of a new deadline on the horizon. Mad
billdoors
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgazoontite Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 pm

i have been watching scryed, gundam 0083, lupin the 3rd, samurai deeper, and others. i watch a bit of every thing though.

lordgazoontite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum