BvS Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat

ShoutMix chat widget
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sannin/Top-3 Run Protips Request

3 posters

Go down

Sannin/Top-3 Run Protips Request Empty Sannin/Top-3 Run Protips Request

Post by Phaethon Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:49 am

Hi.

I'm planning to do a S1 Sannin/Top-3 run on Sunday (when my 7 day ticker ticks). It seems the last few Sundays, a Top-3 needed 1.8M-2M ranking xp, which means I probably can't screw up too many things and get it. I thought I'd ask a few questions of the pros and get clarification on some things. (I figure others may have similar questions in the future and can benefit from your advice too).

The day before, I plan to get friend points to hang out with Shorty and (hopefully) win at darts for +stam. Also, I'll do the sannin quest up until the 1M xp point so I won't waste stam on it Sunday.

Sunday, I plan to get Note Rush and chug elixirs with Cici/Lulu, diet raman, apertifs to get 800k xp (hollow leg, nonja chef). For every mission, I'll spam Obsessive Insight for the XP bonus. I've bought it down a couple times, so it's like 45 C with a Pinky2/Stalker2/Emo3 team. I'll hit my S mission and the minimum number of A-Nin ranks to get sannin. After sannin, I plan to spam general AA ranks. I've got ~120 smokebombs saved up to punt on cruddy xp missions and sufficient range/strength intrinsics to do any mission I hit with Obsessive Insight on. I'll also patrol for 7k extra ranking xp. (Force of habit. And avoids irritating the management. Neutral)

For extra stam, I have a3 + 7 day, video bonus, vacation at 2 weeks (+166), warrior's high (+50), 250th spar, darts (hopefully), Shorty hang-out, and I'll probably spend a ZR for 200.

At the end of the run, I was thinking of ninja hottie to get +100 stam, but use the stam on 4 All-Out-Bashes + Perfect Girl Evolution: Loli Loli in the party house.

This brings me to my first question: Does PGE: Loli Loli double ranking xp bonuses, or just the friend points one gets in the Party House? (I'd hate to waste the stam on something ineffectual).

Second question: What am I missing? (Besides LisaLisa, which I screwed up and forgot to get).

Third question: Will hanging out with Shorty + silver hairpin + glowing mood ring give 130 stamina, or do I need to hang out with a second ally to get the extra 30 from GMR?

Fourth question: Are general AA ranks adequate? What do the pros use?

Thanks a bunch for the help!

Phaethon

Back to top Go down

Sannin/Top-3 Run Protips Request Empty You're well prepared

Post by Kyubi Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:14 am

To be honest, i didn't as prepared as you are now but i did managed to get Out on top theme. This is what i did :

1. Get catgirl entourage and save LOTSA Ryo. I think in S1 those stamina doesn't generate many ranking points even if you manage to get more than 1k. There are no ally bonus compare to s2 and above. The best option is using stalkergirl lvl2 and pinky lvl2 or team robogirl and tic-tac which generate +2 stamina each mission. With those money you can easily get more than 2M daily ranking via party house. Bonus : J-Diddy

2. Research and find out when usually daily top player has minimum points. I manage to get out on top with only 2.2 M so it really worth it.

3. Use lotsa ninja-on. You can get it from playing jackpot. It gaves up to 50% daily ranking bonus.

Good luck

Kyubi

Back to top Go down

Sannin/Top-3 Run Protips Request Empty Re: Sannin/Top-3 Run Protips Request

Post by Dudest Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:37 am

1. I'd do the all out bashes earlier. Together with the elixirs they should push you over 1 million xp, so you should be able to do all AA rank missions instead of 200k of A rank missions.

2. I don't believe either Obsessive Insight or Ninja-On give ranking bonuses. OI used to, so it is referenced in older guides, but I don't believe it does any more. I don't think Ninja-On has ever given ranking bonuses, just AP, JXP, and Rep.

3. I used PGE: Loli Loli for ranking points during my OoT run and it did work.

4. Kyubi is correct that Catgirl Entourage would help enormously, unfortunately it is unlikely you have cash to buy it and still be able to afford the parties you need.

5. This may seem silly, but double check that you have all the allies and bloodlines you need. It seems unlikely you'd miss something, but it hurts to start a run and realize (for example) that your village doesn't have the epic monument. Not that this ever happened to an alt of mine, or anything.

I'll take a closer look at this later to see if you missed anything. Perhaps someone else can confirm about OI and Ninja-On, but I'm pretty sure neither offer ranking points since everything else which grants them mentions it explicitly, things which grant AP or JXP don't automatically also grant ranking points.

Dudest

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaethon Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:30 am

Thanks so much for the tips, Kyubi and Dudest.

I did some more research and tested some stuff with an alt. You're right, Dudest, about ninja-on and Obsessive Insight. I had read "XP" to mean "ranking XP," but many posts on the BvS forum agree with you that this is not so. (I feel a bit silly, but not as much as if I'd feel Monday after spamming OI for no purpose--now I'm really glad to have posted).

I didn't find a catgirl entourage up for sale on the market, but I wouldn't have the cash for it anyway without selling several of my permanents. Barring divine intervention (i.e., a generous player loans me one for the day), I'll probably stick with PFE:LL.

Phaethon

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:54 pm

You sound very prepared, Phaethon. I don't think there is much else you could do short of having permanents you don't have immediate access to at this time. Just rack up as many points as you can and hope for the best, you can't account for everybody else playing the game. If you don't manage OoT now, wait a few seasons and try again as a Level 50-ish Special Jonin, there will be much less competition for top rank in that tier.
billdoors
billdoors

https://facebook.com/billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaethon Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:38 am

Hmm. I think I figured out something better to do with my pile of smokebombs in S1 than use them in my run. I sold a bunch on the market--while I take a 30 percent loss in conversion, the cash goes into party house ryo, which can be used for parties with PGE:LL. It seems far more cost effective to use smokebombs this way in S1 than tweaking average mission ranking xp up by 4-5 percent.

I know, it's probably obvious to everyone else...

Phaethon

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Honestly it wouldn't have occurred to me from where I'm standing. I simply don't have that many smokebombs around anymore, and since I'm not aiming for Out on Top when I go for Sannin, the idea of selling off consumable items to finance more parties... well, its a good one. Nice thinking.
billdoors
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaethon Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:28 am

Well, darts are out, so there's another 100 stam I won't have.

[Edit: Emo crap not germane to the discussion excised.]

Last edited by Phaethon on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made it more topical)

Phaethon

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:24 pm

I understand you're upset, but you need to relax my friend. I don't know why HappyIso played today, but I doubt he meant to screw you over. He probably didn't see your request yesterday afternoon. Or maybe he just forgot, I've done that before. Either way you're owed an apology and an explanation.

That said, I can't speak for HappyIso, but I feel like I can speak for the village as a whole when I say your remark about "established players holding new players in contempt" is out of line. This village bends over backwards to accommodate new players, giving away many permanents simply to those who ask, and (generally) respecting requests for help such as yours. Speaking for myself, I've given away hundreds of thousands of ryo worth in permanents to new players such as yourself, and other players have given away much more. We are also much more relaxed and less rigid than other villages of comparable level. Some of those "other things" like booking darts games you mention other villages doing to help out new players may reduce the chance of something like this happening, but they also make the village a lot less fun to be in - I speak from experience. Do you like the idea of getting kicked out of a village for accidentally attacking a kaiju somebody else "booked?" That's the reality of a system like that.

Out on Top/Top 3 (or Kaiju drops for that matter) are not something you are guaranteed or entitled to no matter how much preparation you undergo for it. I still haven't achieved it as a 4th season player; right now I'm sacrificing nearly all of my daily stamina to fight Tier 3 monsters that *I* have little chance of winning drops from, even with all of the bonuses and permanents I've accumulated thus far. Point-for-point, I still cannot compete with a determined player of a higher season for Trophy Points. It sucks, but I do it anyways because I want to help the village. Its not impossible to win the drop even now, it just becomes a matter of pure random chance. I once won a drop by only attacking a monster three times while other players put in 4 or even 5 times as many attacks (pre-recode when you couldn't keep attacking a crippled monster). Was that fair? No. I won it over players who had been playing the game much longer than I had by putting in much less effort. Nobody begrudged me the win - its just the nature of the game. I've also lost drops to players who put in maybe 13 attacks to my 30+, when I became a veteran player. Again, that's just the nature of the game. Speaking of the Pirate Hat? I only just won that a few weeks ago, in my 4th Season. If you manage to win any Golden Items before you have access to Proof Reader or Storm Favors you should consider yourself very lucky, because the competition for Top 3 finishes can be intense.

...In any case. If you still want to try to go for Out On Top/Top 3 as a Season 1 player, my recommendation is that you put off your Sannin run for another week so you can get your 7-day bonus again and have the darts bonus as well. If you already used Silver Elixirs or spent some ryo on Parties, I'll help you rebuild your stockpile over this week. Just tell me what you've already used and I'll see what I can drum up in a week to help you. Silver Elixirs I can make in a day, easily. Other things might take a little bit of time.
billdoors
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaethon Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:06 pm

[Edit: Not much worth saying in the original post and it was off-topic for the thread. Excised.]

Last edited by Phaethon on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made it more topical)

Phaethon

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:35 pm

You didn't offend me, though you seem to be determined to take this matter personally. We haven't yet heard from HappyIso, so I can't pretend to know what was going on with him when he took your darts win. Edit: I don't blame you for feeling like you got a raw deal here; I only ask that you do not assume malicious intent on his part at this time. Mistakes happen, and when you've played the game as long as I have you *will* inevitably step on somebody's toes.

Edit: Who do you feel has not been doing their part? If anybody strongly feels that somebody isn't doing their part - lets have some names, by all means, and get it out in the open. Maybe they don't realize they've been holding the village back by their lack of effort, or maybe they really are not team players and we would be better off without them. Let's clean house, if there is anything to be cleaned. All we ask is that everybody does what they can for the village according to their means, no more, no less.

As for not taking, as you call it, "charity": why not? We *want* our new players to take advantage of our generosity. Super-rares sitting in the storehouse unclaimed do us no good, and while I understand the desire to make it on your own, you won't hurt the village by asking for help. If there's something you could use, by all means let us know.

You've been a member of this village long enough to know that we don't particularly care about the intrinsic financial burden of any of our members. That's precisely why we *don't* do Paperwork anymore. Edit: Its just not as big of a deal as you may think it is at this time. I only told you to wait a week because I assumed you still wanted to try for OoT/T3, where having the darts stamina would be of significant benefit. If that's not the case, by all means become a Sannin as soon as you can - the damage bonus to kaiju will be appreciated.

You sound very frustrated and bitter about all of this. Relax, step away from BvS for a few hours. Hell, take a week off if you feel that strongly. Its nothing worth feeling resentment over. We appreciate and value the contributions of all of our villagers - but do keep in mind that this is a high-level Immortal Realm village. For a while, the odds of winning in direct competition with the rest of the village will be stacked against you. All I can say is, keep playing the game, reach new seasons, and with some investment of time and effort (and, let's be honest, luck) the playing field will begin to level. In the meantime, the veterans are at your service.

Last edited by billdoors on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity, tone)
billdoors
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaethon Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:24 pm

I suspect this is all a matter of perception, as you aptly noted, billdoors, and as a new guy, I don't have one that's well informed. I'm happy to drop the matter and I apologize to the community for speaking up--I was in the wrong.

Thanks again to you and Dudest for your advice.

Phaethon

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:50 pm

Do not hesitate to speak up if you feel like something isn't right - that goes for all of our newer players. Speaking for myself, I can at least say that its easy to forget that being a season 1 player amongst a village of veteran players can be an alienating experience. Its not my intention to further add to this feeling of alienation by condemning complaints of misconduct or any other negative experiences you may have. Far from it. If you have any kind of problem with someone in the village or with the way things are done in the village itself, raise your concerns and we can talk it out, and something constructive can emerge.

Phaethon, when you're ready to make your Sannin run, if you want to reserve a darts day, I'll post a notice in the announcements and we'll make sure the day before to remind everybody to back off. Again, I recommend a week from today (next Saturday) when you should have another 7-day bonus. What happened to you is *not* how we do things in Scripture Village, and it should not have happened. I suspect it was an honest mistake, and that you will not have any further problems of that kind.
billdoors
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaethon Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Post-mortem:

I ended up doing the run after all. I started with 8 silver elixirs and parties with PGE:LL to hit sannin, then drank another elixir with the extra appetite and hit general AA ranks the rest of the day, smoke-bombing my way out of the Nin 25d25 mission that showed up. I put all my cash into parties and squeezed out another bash by selling off my non-superrare wheel perms, counterfeit permit (which won't loop anyway), and blue flower hairpin. (These are easy enough to replace and I'd have kicked myself if I'd missed a top-3 shiny over a stupid ninja dog).

Unfortunately, I got the lower of the xp for every party I threw, which turned into a difference of around 600k xp. Them's the breaks.

If I were to do it again, I would have done Tai AA ranks instead of general ranks, since I hit the +20 stam mission a lot and got the drop nearly every time with white eye jutsu. This is apparently the compensation for white eye, since they don't get the stam/appetite boost of legacy or the xp boost of red eye.

In the final tally, I was just under 3M xp, though 4M could have been managed with a bit better luck and preparation on a couple things. This score would have been good enough for a 1st to 5th place finish this last week in S1; I'm hoping it's closer to the former.

Thanks again for all your advice, and my apologies once again for side-tracking the thread with irrelevant frippery.

Phaethon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum