ShoutMix chat widget
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Introduce Yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduce Yourself

Post by billdoors on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:25 am

A lot of boards have something like this, I figure there's no reason we shouldn't have it ourselves. If you feel like saying a little something about yourself, please feel free to post to this topic. We all play together, but with few exceptions we probably don't know all that much about each other aside from what we contribute to the village. Pull up a chair and wax rhapsodic about life, the universe, and everything - you're among friends here. ^_^
billdoors

View user profile http://facebook.com/billdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Pinkuri on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:50 am

Ok I guess take a shot at this first. The names Eric, I don't do much outside of work, don't really have time. But, when I do find some free time I watch anime, read manga, and play videogames. I'm a big fan of the Resident Evil series when it comes to videogames, I've prolly played every one in the series to date (beaten them all also). Manga-wise I don't read too much just a few things, some of the stuff I read is One Piece, Ubel Blatt, Gantz, Vinland Saga, and Psyren. And If you haven't checked my Profile I work for Rite Aid as a Photo Guy, very interesting job. You get to see a lot of interesting things, some of which I wish I could unsee.
Pinkuri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YoukouRikan on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:05 pm

I'll go next. My name's Scott. Live in Omaha, close by to kylobob. He actually introduced me to BvS, and a few other games I never really got into. I enjoy anime, manga, and video-games as (i expect everyone here does as well). My list of anime and manga is way too long to post here. As for games, RPG are my favorite with a few exceptions. MegaMan (Every game from every genre) and Ratchet and Clank (have and beaten all but for the ones on the PS3). Currently in college for welding, and paying for it by working at Wendy's. (Yes, the meat is never frozen)

YoukouRikan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kylobob on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:43 pm

my names Kyle. yeah i'm "creative" when it comes to names. XD some game introductions win, some don't. oh well :p. Anime, manga, and vidja-games, as expected. Yokourikan's list of manga/anime are decently sized, but i read way more. i shouldn't be proud of that. Currently reading 17 manga as they update, and have read a decent handull of others such as 666 satan Surprised.

My favorite videogames of all time are : Wild arms*original*, Saga frontier *never beat but game disc is irreperably scratched to unusability*, all the tales games i've played *taqles of destiny, tales of destiny 2, tales of the abyss, and tales of the world(weakest, but fun cuase it's a giant cross over between all the tales games XD)*, and Xenogears.

also i've noticed that i'm in the habbit of failing to capitilize, i blame a different MMORPG for that. I also use run-on sentences way to much. i'm working on those XD
kylobob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:51 pm

My name is Brandon, not Bill. I started using Bill Doors as an alias in high school; me and my friends had a running competition throughout our time there - avoid getting into the yearbook. I actually managed to avoid ending up even in the mugshots gallery one year. In senior year I got made, though - was participating in Mathletes for extra-curriculurs on my college apps. When they went around asking for names, I used the first one I could think of: Bill Doors, a reference to Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.

I was an avid reader for many years. Then I went to college. My advice to you guys and girls younger than me? Don't become an English or Eng. Lit. major if you love reading recreationally. My ability to sit down and just read for hours on end and appreciate the prose was utterly destroyed by my experiences at university. So now, like a lot of you guys, most of my reading is either in weekly manga updates, fanfiction, or whatever rpg I happen to be playing at the time.

In spite of the number of RPG's I own, I don't actually like the genre all that much. I'm finding myself more and more attracted to niche titles. I basically play everything Atlus releases, but I also love retro games and am currently working through Earthbound Zero/Mother 1, in addition to some awesome Super Mario Bros hacks.
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakonis79 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:05 am

My name is Paul, I also happen to live in Omaha. I'll be a college freshmen majoring in Physics this fall.

As for interests, I watch quite a bit of anime and play many, many video games, though I can't say manga has really ever appealed that much to me. Anime-wise I'll generally enjoy anything with robots featuring prominently in it (giant or otherwise), which also applies to the video games I enjoy. I'm also a huge fan of Megaman (and pretty much any of Capcom's other franchises) and I do enjoy a good RPG on a console though not as much as I used to. In addition to all that, I do a lot of pen and paper roleplaying games with my friends (D&D etc.).
Drakonis79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

introduce yourself

Post by lordgazoontite on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:57 pm

so my names anthony i live in alberta canada. I used to read a lot of manga and watch a lot of anime but i recently moved so it is a little hard. I do however play stupid amounts of video games especially the unique ones like onechanbara or EDF 2017. i spend most of my time now reading web comics while waiting to find about if i have a job. and i usually go by lordgazoontite but the limit was 10 so i had to go with just gazoontite for the game.

lordgazoontite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lallara on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:19 am

The name is Sauli, I'm a Finn, currently on summer vacation back home and then I'm heading back to Ireland to study Alexander technique.

Anime... well, I usually lack the mental fortitude to watch any series past the first ten or twelve episodes because they do tend to get a bit repetitive at that point. I think the most episodes I've got through is 113 with Bleach and at that point my opinion of the series turned into 'Blecchh'.

The char name is from EVE online, couldn't be arsed to watch some guys ugly mug while floating in space Very Happy

RPGs? Only the pen and paper ones count Very Happy

Last edited by Lallara on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Lallara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilGaara on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:08 pm

My name is Filippo,i'm from Italy and this fall i'll start my first years at college(going to study Chinese and Japanese - no more subtitles needed yay!).

I'm a huge player of any MMORPG, currently playing Atlantica Online afeter 5 years of Ragnarok Online(waiting for the next expansion of RO).
I've a big collection of manga, currently buying around 15 different series monthly and reading almost everything i found on OneManga XD
By watching anime and playing online i've learned a bit of english, but my grammar sucks so in the end my english sucks, i hope i will improve in the future xDD
The college i will attend to is in Venice, and i currently live on the other side of Italy, i still don't know if dorm will have internet connection, but i think i 'll kill myself if it don't XD

If u have any question, the answer is 42
EvilGaara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaethon on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Hi. My name's Brian and I live in New Mexico in the U.S.

I'm rare among BvS denizens, an old guy (30s) with wife and job and kid. My day job is theoretical physicist, which I think is a pretty good gig if you can swing it. In my spare time, I play piano, train for triathlons, and do a bit of speculative fiction writing. I occasionally write fanfiction under the pseudonym Perspicacity, a play on words of my real life name, in the Naruto, Harry Potter, and Dresden Files fandoms.

I appreciate what billdoors says about studying literature in college--studying physics for as long as I did pretty much ruined most science fiction for me.

Phaethon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by billdoors on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:19 pm

That's... pretty discouraging to hear, actually. I just assumed my experience was rotten because of the apathy of the professors in my department. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the structure of American higher education is itself alienating in general.
billdoors

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Rusu on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:11 am

Hi, My name is Colin and i live in west yorkshire in the UK

Im 25 and used to be an IT Consultant (turn it off, tunr it on), I sopend a lot of my time reading, drawing and playing games. I did study Animation at Uni, but found it boring, unstimulating and much more fun to go drinking instead!

The avatar is the name i used to use in guild wars, which ii no longer paly.I also seem to have a problem with closure, as with every rpg game i own, i get to the final boss and then stop........ amybe i just dont want the game to end
Lucy Rusu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top